Introduction

There has been a rise in the amount of legacy stories posted on Insim, and this is another one to add to the list. It was partly these other stories that inspired me to start my own, and it was a song by a band called Blackmore's Night that gave me an idea for the founder to use.

More notes and a more in-depth explanation can be found in the preface, including the fact that this is meant as nothing more than a light break from a heavy story. With all that in mind, hope you enjoy this tale as much as the guys on Insim plainly are :)

Friday 3 October 2008

Chapter Sixteen

As told by Darya and Dylan Paul


I have to admit, I’m getting a little nervous. I’ve been getting on really well with Steve, and we’ve got pretty close, but I have no idea about this romance thing. Mum passed on some advice she got from a friend of hers; I felt pretty stupid trying it out, but if it worked for her it can work for me!

I went bright red when Dad told me Jackie really liked me. He seemed very keen to play matchmaker, and suggested I give her a call. I don’t think he realises I don’t know her that well, although that’s easily fixed.

Actually, now I think about it – she is a nice girl! I told her I was going to Uni soon, and when she said she was too, my heart skipped a beat. I really hope something can develop now, especially with an extra chance to know her properly, in person rather than over the phone.

In the meantime, things still need fixing. I smiled expectantly when Mum told me – yet again – to be careful I didn’t get fried. I just turned to her with a reassuring grin, and she just smiled and went on her way. I haven’t been bitten yet by an angry piece of machinery, and I don’t intend to start now.

Poseidon died today. His now orphaned son was crying his head off, which despite them just being animals, got to me a little. It just made me realise, at some point I’ll have to face this with my own parents. I’m not sure how I feel about that if I’m honest. Death comes to us all eventually, but it doesn’t make it any easier to deal with when you’re the one left behind – I only had to watch the way Neptune was yowling to see that.

Cliché maybe, but life still goes on. Fantasia needed to learn to shake a paw, and both Dylan and I were hoping for her to get promoted. Knowing where Dylan most likely was, it was down to me to teach her.

All I wanted to do was practice at the chessboard, and I ended up maxing my logic! Can’t be bad, especially given that Darya hogged the block toy when we were little – I knew I’d catch up eventually.

I’ll freely admit I go all mushy over kittens. They’re just so cute! I’m getting on pretty well with Aquarius already. I do hope I can come back here when the time comes; I’d love to raise some kittens myself. That and Dad’s drafting table is looking very nice…

If he can max out his creativity on that thing, surely I can too. I’d love for him to be able to show me the ropes.

Mum’s friend Raquel turned up just tonight. We had quite an insightful chat, when she’d stopped admiring my features that is. I have to admit it’s flattering, but come on, looks aren’t everything! I hope people realise that I’m just as nice on the inside as I plainly am outside.

Later on the taxi arrived to take us away to start a new life at Uni. Can’t wait to get started!

Adios folks! I know who’s gonna be waiting there for me, can’t wait to see him again! Hopefully I’ll get a better outfit too.

Then again… oh well, at least it’s not a kimono this time. Get what Dylan ended up with though; he looks like a tourist! And what’s with the footwear? Who wears socks with their sandals?!


Steve seems like a pretty cool guy. I kept a watchful eye on my sister though, when she started playing punch-ups with Jackie. Thankfully she didn’t smack her like she did Dad – he must have really made a difference.

I felt so happy when Jackie made a move. I would have done it myself, but I was a little nervous – she’s really blossomed. Something of a hedonist, which I don’t mind too much – we can’t all be the intense type. She’s lovely though, and to think something is starting to happen now just makes me so happy.


Steve confessed that he’d like a family some day; which is cool, although I’m not sure how I feel about that for now. So long as he doesn’t push too far too soon, we’ll be fine. He’s incredibly shy though, more than Dylan and me. I noticed to my delight that he’s also a neat-freak; that’s one more worry off my mind.


In the meantime though, after some militant goon dressed in sportswear insisted we work out, and after choosing our courses, I just had to drag Dylan out to the shops, for both our sakes.

I couldn’t agree fast enough; she didn’t end up too bad with that suit outfit, but I got sick of looking like a tourist when I’m not one. As for the sandals – eeeww! I didn’t have a problem with my image until then, but thinking about it, my hair’s starting to bug me. Not the style but the colour; you may be able to tell from my eyebrows, but it’s meant to be black. How it turned out a funny brown colour is beyond me, but it needs fixing at some point. In the meantime we both have more pressing concerns; I hear Mum and Dad have decided which of us will go back to them after Uni. Just the wondering is driving me crazy, although the comfort is that they had a hard time choosing. It doesn’t stop the churning in my stomach though…

No comments: