Introduction

There has been a rise in the amount of legacy stories posted on Insim, and this is another one to add to the list. It was partly these other stories that inspired me to start my own, and it was a song by a band called Blackmore's Night that gave me an idea for the founder to use.

More notes and a more in-depth explanation can be found in the preface, including the fact that this is meant as nothing more than a light break from a heavy story. With all that in mind, hope you enjoy this tale as much as the guys on Insim plainly are :)

Thursday 11 September 2008

Chapter Three

These early rises will be the death of me one of these days. Still, at least now I can afford some decent cooking equipment. One thing I was missing in particular was somewhere to wash my hands – I was growing tired of propping myself up in the shower every time I wanted to get clean, and I was quickly feeling grubby upon dry land.

SinkFirstUse.jpg Pictures, Images and Photos

I did so enjoy a breakfast of something other than hot dogs. Admittedly not quite as satisfying, but the difference in taste was refreshing.

PopTart.jpg Pictures, Images and Photos

After what was becoming a traditional morning swim, I decided to study the cookbook some more. This time I had the means to prepare anything I wished to, and after my initial worry about cooking, I was finding it to be a most relaxing pastime. By the time afternoon came, I dined on truly fresh food... and found myself in a different predicament. What on earth is this tool humans use to eat with? Don’t they eat food with their fingers here?

EatingSalad.jpg Pictures, Images and Photos

Apparently not, according to pictures in the newspaper about dining out. It took some getting used to, but I managed in the end. Wouldn’t want to look silly in front of any humans I eat with, after all.


I was accustomed to this other strange ritual of bill paying, too. Why these “companies” feel the need to charge for necessities such as fuel I’ll never figure out. Still, if I don’t pay them I’ll be in trouble, I gather, so I have little choice in the matter.

LookingAtEnvelopes.jpg Pictures, Images and Photos

Things get so dirty on dry land. I found myself with a lot of cleaning to do, and by the time I was finished I was shattered. If I hadn’t risen so early it would be different – I really must get a proper bed when I can. It is nice to sleep outside where the sound of the waves lulls you to sleep, but the dawn chorus of seagulls is enough to stir even the heaviest of sleepers.

Camping.jpg Pictures, Images and Photos

There was still plenty of time left in the day when I woke, and I had a chance to give Ariel the praise she deserves for being smart enough to... well, not mess up the house when I have one. It will come in handy sometime, because at some point I will actually have a home and not a box to serve as a bathroom. She is a clever little lady, I’ve grown very fond of her.

HouseTraining.jpg Pictures, Images and Photos

Speaking of having a house; I hear there is treasure to be found in these parts. It’s been rumoured that chests filled with riches can be dug up that are worth thousands. If that’s not a reason to find out for myself, I don’t know what is. Luckily I found this old shovel that had been washed up on the beach.

Digging.jpg Pictures, Images and Photos

I never did get to find that out, at least for the time being. While I was digging away, I started to feel as though I was being watched.

DiggingTeddyWatching.jpg Pictures, Images and Photos

That man certainly knows how to sneak up on people. He’s been visiting a lot lately; not that I’m complaining, although there’s still something a little... off about things I suppose. There’s something he wants, and I’m not quite sure what it is. He knows I’m still learning about humans and their ways – I can only admire his patience.


We had spent some time chatting on the grass, and night had fallen before either of us had realised. I decided to serve us some salad, although why he had to grab a different plate to the one I’d placed on the table is beyond me. Yes, table! There was only so long I could go without one when I keep getting visitors, although I had to sell the other chair I had. It was worth it however.

EatingTable.jpg Pictures, Images and Photos

He got the idea after dinner to burn off some of our meal, by kicking a little ball between us. I don’t get the game myself, although it was fun trying to get the hang of it – and watching him effortlessly flick the ball with his feet like a professional. He made it look so easy.

KickyBag.jpg Pictures, Images and Photos

I discovered what he really did the other day, too. I thought I may as well join him, and found a different side to him as we sat on the sand. He spoke dreamily of his curiosity about the world, asking me all sorts of questions about my life in the sea. I almost began to miss it as I told him, replying with my own intrigue about dry land and my reasons for leaving the water.

WatchingWaves.jpg Pictures, Images and Photos

My wondering didn’t stop there, either. I had a genuine interest in learning more about this man; there is so much depth to him, and he keeps pulling me ever further into his ocean. I had to know what he wanted in life, and I got a surprising response.

WhatDoYouWant.jpg Pictures, Images and Photos

He said he was fascinated with the spirit world, and would like to see a ghost one day. It seems we have a lot in common, what with our curiosity about the world we live in. I do so wish I could overcome this uncertainty I have about being close to someone; maybe the best approach is to take a step back while I think things through. I need to confide in someone else about this before I think about seeing him again – the more I do, especially now, the more unbearable I find it. Who to turn to, though... and can they help?

1 comment:

S@n said...

Oh poor girl, she is so confused! :D lol

:D I hope someone will be able to help her a little... but I think help is way too late for her... she has already fallen for Teddy!! :D lol