Introduction

There has been a rise in the amount of legacy stories posted on Insim, and this is another one to add to the list. It was partly these other stories that inspired me to start my own, and it was a song by a band called Blackmore's Night that gave me an idea for the founder to use.

More notes and a more in-depth explanation can be found in the preface, including the fact that this is meant as nothing more than a light break from a heavy story. With all that in mind, hope you enjoy this tale as much as the guys on Insim plainly are :)

Thursday 11 September 2008

Chapter Two

I began my first day at work today. I was a little nervous about it, being so new to this way of life, but as much as I didn’t want to, I tried to keep the money aspect in mind as I left – it did help. They were nice enough to provide me with some suitable clothes, too.

FirstDayWork.png Pictures, Images and Photos

Ariel also started her job and, just from the money she brought home, I was able to buy her something to better occupy herself in my absence. Not an essential item given that funds are still low, but I felt she had earned it – literally.

NewToy.png Pictures, Images and Photos

This dancing lark is proving to be so much fun! I would love nothing more than to be able to reach the top of the ladder some day. In the meantime however, summer is already over and I am still sleeping in a tent. I gather Ariel needs to learn a command in order to progress in her work too, but after all the cleaning I found myself needing to do, the sun was already beginning to set by the time I finally managed to teach her. Thankfully she learns fast.

TeachShake.png Pictures, Images and Photos

I’m not sleeping so well in this tent, either. By the time I woke it was still dark, although it wasn’t long before the sun started to rise. I needed to work on my fitness and stamina if I was to have a chance to reach my goal; the perfect excuse to go for a swim.

Swimming.png Pictures, Images and Photos

I couldn’t resist – after failing to uncover any treasure the day before, I didn’t even let myself dry off before having another dig in the sand.

ShellDigging.png Pictures, Images and Photos

I still didn’t find anything though. In the meantime it was off to work, while Ariel got promoted. By the time I returned, I finally had enough to buy a bookcase and brush up on my cooking – thank heavens for that! If I never see another hot dog again, it’ll be too soon.

StudyingCooking.png Pictures, Images and Photos

On the other hand, it turns out I’ll need a proper cooker in order to prepare these new foods – the expense is never-ending.


I became so immersed in the cookbook I lost all track of time. Before I knew it night had fallen – and I had some unexpected company.

TeddyVisit.png Pictures, Images and Photos

I had mixed feelings about his visit. It was wonderful to see him again, but he was already attempting to get just a little too close; I had never experienced such contact, so I suppose there was an element of fear and insecurity. It certainly wasn’t because I found him repulsive – far from it, in fact. He was incredibly understanding about the matter though, and I became glad for his persistence. I could get used to this.

RomanticHug.png Pictures, Images and Photos

As much as I wanted him to stay though, that extremely early start I had was taking its toll. I had to excuse myself to the tent, and noticed him heading for the sand as I retired for the night. No idea what he was doing or for how long though, perhaps he was building another sandcastle.

TeddyWatchingWaves.png Pictures, Images and Photos

Time is flying by so fast. It seems like only the other day that we first met, and now I feel a peculiar warm feeling inside when I see him. I had no idea humans could be such tender creatures, or that they could affect me in such a way, but whatever it is about them that does this, I like it very much.

1 comment:

S@n said...

Awww she is falling in love!!!

That last shoot is fantastic, it looks so relaxing, I really wish I was there sitting in front of the ocean!! :D