Introduction

There has been a rise in the amount of legacy stories posted on Insim, and this is another one to add to the list. It was partly these other stories that inspired me to start my own, and it was a song by a band called Blackmore's Night that gave me an idea for the founder to use.

More notes and a more in-depth explanation can be found in the preface, including the fact that this is meant as nothing more than a light break from a heavy story. With all that in mind, hope you enjoy this tale as much as the guys on Insim plainly are :)

Tuesday 30 September 2008

Chapter Fourteen

As told by Darya and Dylan Paul

Well, hello there sexy! Aren’t you just the cutest thing? You’ll have no trouble finding a likely vi – erm, lad will you?

That stupid outfit I grew into won’t help though. I can’t believe I ended up with a kimono. That’s got to go for a start. It’s a good job we have so much in the bank – I’m sure they won’t mind if I pop out to get myself a makeover, I know I need it. This hair is just not me, and I need some make-up too…


Aw, you wanna play? Don’t you worry; I’m pre-programmed to be gentle, especially with an old timer like your good self.

So long as you promise not to let your claws slip into my bare skin, of course. It’s a little sensitive you know, especially from the salty water I’ve just been swimming in.

I can’t believe those two. All that money they have, and they still say I can only get a change on my own cash. Still, they also said it would be a good chance to get my foot in the door, and I also happened to notice that the University offers scholarships to hard workers… Was I complaining about getting work? Not at all!

We may be well off, but there’s nothing like the satisfaction of earning your own money. Especially when it’s something you really want to do, and there’s extra Uni funds to be had from doing well. Thankfully we both found what we were looking for.

Cats may be cleaner than dogs, but they still make a mess of the litter tray. Mum said she’d toilet trained one of them, but the dumb animal still uses the tray instead. The maid takes too long to clean up too; I’d sooner do it myself.

Whoa! That wasn’t meant to happen! Fixing up a car isn’t quite as easy as I’d thought. I’ll get there though, and I’ll have a nice shiny set of wheels for a fraction of the cost of buying new.


With us now both working, it was off to the shops to celebrate. I bumped into this guy when I came out of the changing booth, who said he’d seen my parents around before.

After an interesting little chat, I got the rest of me fixed up. That’s much better.

One down, one to go! Now the hard part’s over, it’s just a matter of time before this baby looks good as new!

As told by Lorelei and Teddy Paul


I just knew things were too good to be true. During a friendly game of punch-ups, Darya smacked me hard.

I quickly made a mental note to give her some lessons in courtesy when I got a little older. As it stands she’s not taking much notice.


She brought home Steve after school, and he hung around while she worked. Those two get on really well, which is good – they both seem to have something against Dylan for some reason, which isn’t so good. Both of them seem to have got it into their heads that he’s not so manly, which I found to be pretty harsh.

I couldn’t help the triumphant grin on my face when I noticed those two getting cosy in the front room. I decided to leave them to it, and save the “I told you so” for later.

I hope Dylan gets lucky with someone later on; he’s such a nice young man. Jackie seems to think so too, so she tells me…


Our children are climbing the career ladder as quickly as we did, and Dylan soon reached the top; we’re both so proud of them. Time continues to tick by, and as the twins grow older, so, finally, do I.

The last of my powers in the water have now gone. My legs stay legs when wet, and I’m feeling a little weaker than I used to. Overall though, I seem to have aged pretty well; I had no idea what to expect, but so far I feel barely any different to when I was blessed by eternal youth. If anything I feel happier, and that’s the most important thing.

No comments: