Introduction

There has been a rise in the amount of legacy stories posted on Insim, and this is another one to add to the list. It was partly these other stories that inspired me to start my own, and it was a song by a band called Blackmore's Night that gave me an idea for the founder to use.

More notes and a more in-depth explanation can be found in the preface, including the fact that this is meant as nothing more than a light break from a heavy story. With all that in mind, hope you enjoy this tale as much as the guys on Insim plainly are :)

Thursday 11 September 2008

Preface

Oh the stories we were told
Quite a vision to behold
Mysteries of the seas
In her eyes of gold
~
In a shade of mossy green
Seashell in her hand
She was born the river queen
There to grace the land
~
Oh, the song of Lorelei
Charms the moon right from the sky
She will get inside your mind
Lovely Lorelei

When she cries, be with me
Until the end of time
You know you will never be
With your Lorelei

~ Excerpts from “Lorelei” by Blackmore’s Night

It's funny how these ideas can hit you. I was playing with another founder, with a less interesting back-story, and one day I was listening to Blackmore's Night (American "renaissance folk/rock" band). Lorelei happens to be one of my favourites, and this particular time the lyrics just sparked something. All of a sudden I was like "Yes, that's who my founder will be!"

So I went to work in Body Shop - then realised after some playing that I got a few details wrong, and her experiences really weren't much to write home about - no problem for just playing, but I have a story to tell here. This is my second try with "lovely Lorelei", and so far things are going a lot better. I've wanted to write about it too, which can only be a good thing - and the pictures have come out a lot better than they did the first time. Yes, it's a legacy, so the pics won't be as great - but I've grown so used to being careful and going for good quality pics it's become second nature. I tried using the in-game camera last time and the lack of quality made me cringe.

Some notes

Legacy rules - Well, given the amount of mods sitting in my main program files, I couldn't play properly even if I wanted to. I'm not gonna take them all out every time I want to play the challenge. I don't really have the patience to keep score either, so this is purely for fun. Mods-wise I'm a coward - no way was I ditching the fixes for a start. I wasn't going without Macrotastics either; it doesn't give any advantage, I've just got so used to getting the place clean with just one click. I ditched a lot of mods, but the really high annoyance-busters were staying put - they get so obsessive in later EPs it's beyond funny.

Pictures/story-telling - I have got a little lax on both fronts, since this is just for fun - a chance to relax after the emotional roller-coaster Xenophobia's turning into. However, after discovering Photoscape I couldn't help myself - I discovered this wonderful backlight tool, as well as frames, and I got a little carried away... Backlight tool for these pics = essential, since lighting's the last thing to worry about in the beginning. It saved a lot of my pics and added some extra colour to others.

One more thing - I gave her a custom skin and eyes; both by Enayla, both geneticised. I've also townified some other custom skins and eyes, so anything can happen with these guys!

Hope you enjoy yet another legacy story.